Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Water pistol set to kill


My Darling B came to my basement lair a night or two ago to tell me that every web site she googled said that we should power wash first, scrape after.

Well. Too late for the north wall of the house, then. Have to write that one off.

But not for the front and the back. I did the back first, then swung around to the front. There was just enough light left for this photo shoot.

The power washer is not all it's cracked up to be, frankly. I guess I imagined a laser-sharp blast of water so powerful that dirt, cobwebs, mildew and wasp nests would be instantly swept away as the beam passed anywhere nearby.

But it's not all that much stronger than a wide-open garden hose with a good pistol-grip nozzle. For all the fussing I had to do dragging out an electrical cord, plugging it in and connecting it to a hose, I have to say the bother's just not worth it. A hose would've done just as good a job. A hose and a stiff brush, even better. Not that I was even thinking of using a brush.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's not a power washer! you need one of those huge gas powered ones with the huge knobby wheels. Those tip your house clean over if your'an not too careful.