Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Scrape - Day Two


While B scraped paint off the siding around the corner, I got a start sanding the back corner of the house where I was peeling the paint off yesterday.

After two hours of grinding away with a belt sander, I wore out three belts and had worked halfway up the window.

I didn't forget to shut the window; I took this photo after I went and opened the room up after I showered and changed.

Okay, I did forget. I noticed as I was sanding away under the window that it was still open a crack and, because I was dressed in coveralls, head sock and respirator, and was covered head to toe in sawdust, I had to ask B to run in and close it.

Most of the siding's really rather attractive after all the paint's sanded away. Looks like it could be cedar. Too bad we're not going to stain it. If we wanted to, I'm pretty sure we'd have to replace quite a few of the panels that haven't weathered as well as these have.

No comments: