Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What's better than a Bernina?


Hmmm ... let's see ... the love of your life ... a day off from work ... a six-pack of Mad Town Nut Brown ... oh, lots of things.

What I should have more properly asked was, What's better for sewing than a Bernina? And the answer would be, of course, that nothing is better for sewing than a Bernina except two Berninas.

My Darling B won this classic Bernina at an estate sale. It runs like a top and she walked away with it after being the only bidder. She had to part with a single sawbuck for the privilege. There's a pretty good story about how that played out, but I've already written it out once before.

I convinced My Darling B to crank it up the other night and hem a pair of trousers I bought at the irregular store. The tag said it was a 33/35 but it was more like a 33/49. When I put them on, the waist fit perfectly but the legs bunched up around my ankles like a pair of dad's slacks on an eight-year-old.

No comments: