Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bigger is Better


When we bought Our Humble O'Bode, I was thrilled to find that one of the previous owners had been a handyman who set up a work shop in the basement. He had saved an end table from the garbage to use as a bench, and hung his tools from a 4x4 piece of peg board he screwed to the wall.

The down side was that the work shop was shoehorned into a narrow space that used to be storage for the storm windows, between the lavatory and a finished room. I couldn't build anything bigger than a bird house in there.

But this season's going to be different. I talked My Darling B into letting me knock down a wall and make the work shop big enough to move around in. With this kind of room, I might be able to take on a more ambitious project than a bird house, too.

For a view of the work shop shortly after we moved in, take a look at this.

No comments: